Alex was born in San Francisco and moved to Oakland in 1985 with his family. Alex has a bachelor’s degree in Art Studio and Sociology from the University of California Davis. While at Davis, he studied under great studio professors, such as Dave Hollowell, Wayne Thiebaud, and Annabeth Rosen. After graduating in 2007, Alex continued to paint and charcoal on his own while living with his older brother in an apartment they shared together in Oakland. Now, Alex is attending the California State University of Sacramento pursing a teaching credential in special education. He still finds time to paint in Davis, where he now lives with his girlfriend. The two share a condominium and Alex has just finished his first year in the two-year program. Alex feels that he will always have a place for art in his life no matter how busy he gets. As of lately, Alex has been exploring his work with oil paints and has brought a handful of his pieces out to share at Oakland Art Murmur.
- SomaR Bar and Lounge
1727 Telegraph Avenue
Oakland, Ca 94612
Must be 21+ years to enter.
- Follow Somar Bar and Lounge on WordPress.com
July 3, 9 pm
Opening a little later tonight. Instead of 4 pm as usual, we’re opening at 9 pm.
July 4th – CLOSED
July 8, 6 pm
Body of Knowledge Photo Project and Art Reception
July 12, 6 pm
Meet and Greet The Justice Collective
July 20, 6 pm
All Day Play Happy Hour Session
July 25, 6 pm
Asante Africa Foundation Happy Hour
July 26, 6 pm
Social Justice Collaborative Happy Hour
Help build Town Park into a world-class skate park. Please donate.
- TUESDAY, JULY 26 at 6 pm - Social Justice Collaborative happy hour! fb.me/24DMz5Wkr 3 days ago
- We're proud of Armando. fb.me/28Zjzhepw 6 days ago
- fb.me/8lwoW6zsg 1 week ago
- Sunday nights been 🔥 Slide through #TheCollective ft. @location415 , @djladyryan & @deejayseang bring one of the... fb.me/98iBmXjxz 2 weeks ago
- TONIGHT! and every Tuesday Night! FUNK + SOUL + R&B It's Great To Be Here With resident DJ's Mark Maiden &... fb.me/X62UsvCM 2 weeks ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 423,121 Visitors